Babies’ first birthdays are always bittersweet. We get to celebrate a beautiful milestone and accept that our baby is no longer a tiny baby! Their birthdays can also be stressful. From choosing their first birthday outfit to deciding whether to bake or buy a smash cake to determining who to invite and what the theme should be, planning a successful party can be tough! Let’s help you throw an event that won’t leave your baby, or you, in tears. You want to make it memorable and stress-free! Here are some tips/ideas for a fun and memorable party.
- Honor the nap: One of the first things you learn as a parent is that joyful, stress-free occasions require a well-rested baby. Birthday parties are no exception, so make sure the timing is right! Time the party after the baby’s naptime. Babies will enjoy the party so much more if you work around their sleep schedule.
- Choose a simple theme: Choosing between a favorite cartoon/character or a certain color will help you save so much time in the long run. There are so many products and party favors available in popular cartoons and colors. You will be able to find everything you need for the party and purchase what you are looking for by choosing a manageable theme. If this isn’t for you, you can also completely skip a theme. Your baby, and guests, won’t miss it if you skip it. At the end of the day it’s all about celebrating and enjoying your time with your baby and guests.
- Take pictures before the party: Before you get super busy with hosting and celebrating, take pictures of and with your baby. This will help you relax more during the party and be a better host. Taking pictures before the party will also ensure that your baby gets pictures with the cake and the decorations before they get “ruined”.
- Use a mini cake/cupcake for smashing: Using a smaller cake will make things easier for you and your baby. Your baby won’t get as messy when using a smaller cake, and you will have much less to clean up. Thank me later!
- Set up a self-serve table: Set up all the drinks and food in advance so guests can help themselves. You will be free to focus on your child and enjoy the celebration rather than serving your guests.
Don’t stress! Follow these tips and you’re on your way to a successful, safe, and enjoyable first birthday party for your baby!